Image Map

October 17, 2014

autumn, more or less



- excessive amounts of folk music
- the welcome freshness of the cool air in my lungs
- the smell of dead leaves
- blueberry tea in the mornings (I'm far too pathetic to attempt to consume hot liquids during the summer)
- rain
- hopefully not freezing rain
- freezing rain is dumb
- a shocking amount of ladybugs everywhere
- finally not having to go through the dreadful inconvenience of wearing summer clothing
- new seasons of tv shows
- you saw that one coming, didn't you?
- I don't think I've ever had a pumpkin pie blizzard from dairy queen
- hoodies & sweatpants & that whole super classy I-don't-give-a-pumpkin-spice-muffin look
- pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are truly amazing
- the desperate, fiery confidence of the colours around the edges of the newly baled fields
- the utter perfection of it all
- probably also vast quantities of hot chocolate snuggled cozily somewhere between large library books and hay seed-covered plaid jackets

“I am made for autumn. Summer and I have a fickle relationship, but everything about autumn is perfect to me. Wooly jumpers, Wellington boot, scarves, thin first, then thick, socks. The low slanting light, the crisp mornings, the chill in my fingers, those last warm sunny days before the rain and the wind. Her moody hues and subdued palate punctuated every now and again by a brilliant orange, scarlet or copper goodbye. She is my true love.”
A recipe for Rowan Jelly by Alys Fowler

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget sweaters! Baggy sweaters! Layering sweaters and pretty scarves. Don't ever forget sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Folk songs! :) I've always thought of autumn as one long folk song with tons of twangy guitar chords...

    Hi Nessima! I nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award at my blog, Life of a Library Girl (www.librarygirl-life.blogspot.com). Unfortunately it doesn't include pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, but it's fun anyways. :)

    ~Mary Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fall. We have terribly short falls here, so I make the most of them while I can. (Leaf crunching, jackets, long hikes through the changing leaves and crisp air....)

    ReplyDelete